Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Don't Take a Vacation While on Vacation!

Greetings! I have a couple of thoughts for this week's entry as I sip my coffee this morning from Daytona Beach! I ran 7 this morning running up and over the 2 bridges over the causeway and folks it doesn't get much better than tha! I try to get in some decent runs when on vacation. But, the doesn't mean an everyday run. I'm sure that we burned more calories yesterday in 12 hours of walking around Epcot than I would running a marathon! And all of the walking counts as fitness! On Monday we rented 3 recumbent bikes and road up the beach for an hour! That was fun and healthy! And who doesn't swim while on vacation!? That's a perfect exercise that's enjoyable to do on vacation. So, you should definitely take some time specifically for fitness while on vacation. I'll probably get 1 or 2 more runs in this week which will be fine as the other days we are on the go! So, as the weather heats up and vacation season is near don't get flustered if the vacation breaks up the fitness routine...work around it and have fun! Lastly, just a thought about the state of fitness the nation is in today. We saw numerous people that had motorized carts in Epcot yesterday. Many of these folks were just plain too heavy to walk around. In one instance I saw a couple both on carts and had their kids on their laps riding with them. What a lesson that teaches our kids...that if you get too heavy to walk that it's OK. That's really sad. If I can get one person to turn their lives around and get healthy I'll be happy! Stay fit and happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment