Powered By Blogger

Friday, April 13, 2012

Hitting the Peak...and More Wellness News

The Indy Mini is just 3 weeks away.  Are you ready?  Have you been training enough?  What's your taper plan?  What's your pacing plan?  How about nutrition before, during, and after the race?  Enough questions!  That's what I say.  Let's get this thing knocked out!  With 3 weeks to go at this point it's basically just a maintenance running mode for the next two weeks followed by a taper the last week.  The workouts have been there, pacing looks good, and I feel really strong!  My fitness should peak at the right time for this race.  At this point I've done what I can do and now I'm just gearing up for race day!  So, to all my friends running the mini have a great race and enjoy!

Now, let's move onto the more serious news.  Last week annual rankings where released on how healthy we are county by county in Indiana.  Last year my county Delaware County was 82 out of 92...not good.  We were all hopeful of improving that number this year.  There seemed to be a movement to get folks out there and get healthy.  Well, we failed...we slipped to 85 out of 92.  Folks, we are at the bottom of the barrel.  Now, here's the real troubling part of this ranking.  We ranked 10 out of 92 for access to recreational facilities.  Are you kidding me!?  How can we be top 10 in facilities and bottom 8 for health!?  This makes no sense and the bottom line is people just aren't using these facilities.  It won't be too much longer before (if not already) we'll start paying much more for health care based on these numbers!

So, friends in Delaware County (well all of my friends!) get out there and move!  Get your family out there.  Hound your friends, coworkers, and whoever else you know that doesn't exercise.  Let's get people healthy!

Now Move!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment