Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Let's Get This Started Again!

Ok, I'm going to try and keep up with this Blog this year!  I hope to keep everyone up with my running status as well as inspire coworkers and friends to get out there and be active.  I'm a team captain at work for the MutualBank Get Fit Challenge.  We just kicked off the 2012 program and log our fitness time for points.  The team with the highest point total at the end of October wins days off, nice clothing, etc.  So, I'll be posting here to try to keep folks motivated.

My goals this year are simple...run faster!  I qualified for the 2013 Boston Marathon with a 2:54 effort at the Monumental Marathon in Indy last fall.  I'm going to run a few 5Ks in preparation for the Indy Mini which will be my 'A' race this year but otherwise save my legs until then.  I have more lofty goals for the mini.  I'm going to see what I can do...I'll take anything faster than 1:19 but would love to really stretch it down into the low '18s or '17s...let's see what I've got.

After the spring running season we'll hit a few Duathlons (probably sprints only this year) and maybe a Tri although I've had shoulder and neck issues every time I've tried to get back in the pool.  Probaby my 'B' race will be the Chicago Marathon but I haven't decided how hard I want to run it...I'll let the weather decide but I'll be training for a 2:50.  So, again this year I will mostly focus on running which is what I enjoy the most.

And, finally just get out there and do something.  Set a goal, enter a race, get your kids involved and get healthy!  Make it a part of your life and your daily routine.  If you're down on the day or just not motivated remember that those days are the days you need to get out and move the most!  Stand up, grab your gym bag, walk towards the door, get to the gym, go outside, walk, run, ride bikes, just move!  Take that first step and the rest will come to you! 

Enjoy and keep running!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment