Powered By Blogger

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Live to Fight Another Day!

I'll just start out by saying that I had a DNF for the Indy Mini! But it was a successful day! Sure I'm disappointed as I was hoping for another PR. This after all is my 'A' running race just about every year. I trained for this day very hard every day since January and in the end I did not fail! I know that sounds strange but I'm happy with how I handled the situation. The only thing I would have done differently is I would have gone to the doctor to get my foot checked out when I started having issues. My heel started hurting 2 months ago however it would come and go. I figured that mild plantar fasciitis was setting in. I figured I would train through it and then get it checked out after the mini. Well, I was about a week too late. My foot felt great two weeks ago and then 5 days before the race during a very easy run the pain came back and hit hard! I then decided not to run until the race and hope that it got better. It did but in the end it just wasn't enough. The race started and the first two miles weren't too bad. Then during the 3rd mile the pain was just too much and I decided to stop before I did too much damage. Sure I could have probably finished but at what cost? Sometimes you just have to say enough is enough! So sure the walk of shame was bad but I wasn't the only one...there were others too the had to make the same decision I did. And it was the right decision. I'll come back stronger and faster and maybe even a little wiser! Keep running!

No comments:

Post a Comment